Tuesday, July 13, 2010

38 Weeks

I can't believe I am only 2 weeks away from the due date! The time seems to have flown by and yet... I am SOOOOOOOOO ready for him to get here! LOL I don't know what I am more excited about... meeting my new little man or getting my body back! he he he..... yeah, meeting Kyler wins hands down!

So... we had a doctor's appointment today. The heartbeat sounds wonderful (as usual! ;), my stomach is measuring at 41 centimeters, I have some swelling in my legs, but no signs of pre-labor.

Here's what Kyler is up to this week...

The following is from WhatToExpect.com:
"Hey, your little one isn't so little anymore, weighing close to seven pounds and measuring 20 inches long. Fetal development is nearly complete as your baby tends to a few last-minute details like shedding the skin-protecting vernix and lanugo. He's also producing more surfactant, a substance that prevents the air sacs in his lungs from sticking to one another once he starts to breathe. Most of the changes this week are small but important: He’s continuing to add fat (so he can take advantage of all those photo ops by sporting a round, cute baby look!) and fine-tuning his brain and nervous system (so he can deal with all the stimulation that awaits him once he makes his entrance into the world)."

The following is from 3D Pregnancy:
"Your baby's intestines have accumulated a considerable amount of meconium (the code name for black, tar-like baby poop), which is usually eliminated shortly after birth and gives you your first experience with the 100-wipe diaper change.
Your baby might just scratch herself in the womb as the fingernails have grown over the fingertips now."
Picture is from Stork Net

No comments:

Post a Comment