Sunday, August 1, 2010

HE'S HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! What a week!!! LOL

On Monday, July 26th, I had a doctor's appointment to see where I was at in regards to going into labor. When Dr. Berry checked me I was still only dilated to 4 centimeters... and I was, of course, rather disappointed. BUT.... then he said that I was due the next day so he offered to induce me if I wanted to. I was so ready and just said, "YES!!" lol

Dr. Berry called the hospital to inform them I was coming and then he asked that we go straight to the hospital which is what we did. Once at the hospital we went up to Labor and Delivery where they began to get me ready. First they put me on Pitocin (a drug used to induce labor), then they broke my water, and (just as the contractions started getting almost unbearable) they gave me the epidural!

One Dr. Berry got there he checked me, my stats, the baby's stats and said that we are ready to start pushing! I then proceeded to push for almost an hour and a half with a few breaks mingled in due to the baby stressing while i was pushing. The nurses started to get concerned that the baby still hadn't come, that he is stressed while I am pushing, and so they called Dr. Berry to come to my room. Because he was also concerned he offered to help with the pushing by offering to use a "Vacuum" to help the baby through the birth canal. The only other option would have been a C-section. I decided to follow the guidance of my doctor who preferred the "Vacuum" in this particular situation.

Once the were ready, I pushed 4 times with the first contraction which allowed the baby to get his head out. Then I pushed 4 times with the second contraction which got the baby's shoulders through followed by the rest of his body!

Kyler Ashton Tuozzo-Christensen was born on July 27th, 2010, at 12:30am. He weighed 8 lbs 16 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long.

The first thing I noticed was how BIG he looked!! Then... I saw the RED hair!!!! :) I was so excited!! I was hoping he would have red hair!! LOL They put him on my chest for a short minute and then took him across the room to clean him up. While doing so, they noticed that he was having a little trouble breathing. They decided that he needed to go to the NICU (Neonatal intensive-care unit) and before they took him away, they brought Kyler over to me to kiss and say goodbye and my mom got a picture on her phone.


Kyler was only in the NICU for a little over an hour. They eventually took me down to "Mother and Baby" where, soon after, I was able to hold Kyler for the first time! What an adorable little boy... I knew that I would have a cute child, but he is even cuter than I ever could have imagined!! I know, I know... I am SOOOOO very biased! BUT, look at these pictures! Isn't he just precious?!!?




Oma was able to be there to support me through the delivery, she went to the NICU with Kyler, and (of course) was excited to finally get to hold him too!

That afternoon Kyler's daddy came for a visit and he brought Grandma and Grandpa too!!! All three seemed to be excited by Kyler's presence... none stop smiles! LOL Ky's daddy seemed very proud and even bragged about how "we did good!" LOL Here are some pictures from the visit:



And now... the funny story for the day!
I went to take a couple of practice pictures before Ken showed up and realized that my batteries were dead; so, I went down to the gift shop to buy more. At the register, the attendant looked at the hospital bands on my wrist and excitedly asked, "Oh! Did someone have a baby?" And I replied with the same excitement, "Yeah, me!!" The lady's smile immediately changed to shock as she asked, "What are you doing? Why aren't you in bed?" I just laughed and said, "Because I needed batteries!" ;) It was fun!! LOL

Well, more has happened, but I will put on another post soon! Love you all!!


No comments:

Post a Comment