Tuesday, May 25, 2010

31 Weeks and a check up

I met with Dr. Berry today, it was originally scheduled as my bi-weekly check up, but he also wanted to meet with me about the hospital visit. At first they seemed worried because my blood pressure was really high, but they waited about 10 minutes to retake it and it came out considerably lower!! :)

They listened to the baby's heart... perfect as usual! Dr. Berry said that Kyler sounded great, that I was measuring just right, and that I am doing very well!!! He just wants to make sure that nothing was missed with the assessments done at the hospital. So, he is having me set up with a monitor that I will wear for several day that has a button I will push when I feel those sharp pains in my chest.

So, on with the fun interesting part of hitting another week!!!!


The following (about Kyler) is from
WhatToExpect.com:
"So what's your little dove doing all day while you're busy feathering your nest for his or her arrival? Making faces, hiccupping, swallowing, breathing, pedaling with little hands and feet along your uterine wall, and even sucking his or her thumb. In fact, some babies suck their thumbs so vigorously while in the womb that they're born with a callus on their thumb (what a little sucker!)."

The following (about Mommy) is from WhatToExpect.com:
"Chances are your diaphragm is feeling a little cramped these days. Okay, a lot cramped. That's because your uterus is pushing up against it (and all the other organs in there), crowding your lungs and making it more difficult for them to expand fully. The result: Your body is spare on air and will be until your baby drops near the end of pregnancy in preparation for birth. But don’t worry: Your baby is as happy as a clam because he’s getting his oxygen from the placenta."

No comments:

Post a Comment