Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hospital trip...

Sorry that this post is so late... things have been a little busy.

Last Thursday, 5-20-10, I was headed to the lunch room at work when I got three really sharp pains in my chest where I had been feeling the flutterings. I noticed that I was breathing fast afterwords, but I thought it was just because I got a little nervous. I decided to call the doctor's and while I was on the phone with the nurse I got another sharp pain and started breathing heavy again. She let me go so that she could speak with my doctor and give me a call back. Just before my lunch was over she called to tell me that Dr. Berry wanted me to go to the hospital.

I immediately left work, picked up my mom, and we headed to IHC where I would be delivering anyway. They took me straight from the ER to Labor & Delivery. I was put into a gown and was hooked up to a system that could monitor me and Kyler... here's a pic:


The top monitor is keeping track of me by watching for any contractions (which I did end up having one while I was there, but they said that is normal). The bottom monitor is listening to Kyler's heartbeat and movements. We were hooked about for about and hour and a half when the nurse came in to tell me that all looks good. She just wanted to call my doctor before they released me. A few minutes later she came in and said that Dr. Berry also wanted me to get and EKG while I was there. So, a couple of male nurses (awkward!) came in and hooked me up all over, did the EKG, and then left! I didn't realize how fast getting one of those was!

Anyway... they told me that everything looked good, that a woman's heart can over work itself during pregnancy, and that I needed to meet with my doctor soon. So, I had a couple more of those sharp pains that night and one the next day, but I have been good since then. I will be seeing my doctor on Tuesday, so we will see how things are going.

I want to thank you all for your prayers, concern, and checking up on me! I will continue to keep you posted of everything!

Love,
Eliese & Kyler

No comments:

Post a Comment