Tuesday, May 4, 2010

WHAT A DAY!!!!!!

Well, everyone... today was a big one! Not only am I exactly seven months along today, but I am also now in my third trimester!!! I can't believe that it has been over half a year since I got pregnant!

Also on the agenda today was a doctor's appointment. Dr. Berry said that my stomach size was right on measurement, that Kyler has a good strong heart beat, and that the baby is getting on my nerves... literally! LOL I have been having a lot of pelvic pain, especially at night and in the mornings, and when I talked to the doctor about it he said that Kyler's head is pushing against nerves that are causing all the pain. Apparently,
there are a lot of women who (like me) are in unbearable pain while just trying to role over in bed at night!

So, now that I am in my third trimester, the doctor has increased my visits to twice a week... this will be tough on my work schedule and my budget! Eeek!!

Here are some of the updates for this weeks baby making progress -

The following is from WhatToExpect.com:
"Your baby is settling into the proper position for birth, with his head facing downward (toward your body's nearest exit!). Your little work in progress is now about 2.5 pounds and almost 16 inches long. He's busy adding new skills such as blinking to an already impressive repertoire of tricks like coughing, sucking, hiccuping, and taking practice breaths. Your baby's sleep now includes the REM (rapid eye movement) phase — and that means he could be dreaming already (what do you suppose he's dreaming about?). Though his lungs are nearly ful
ly mature (so... you might breathe a little easier if he were born now), your baby still has plenty of growing to do."

The following is from 3D Pregnancy:
"You may have given a passing thought to what the new member of the household will be like (and by "passing thought" we mean obsessive rumination). Will she be a good sleeper? Will he draw on the furniture with a Sharpie? Get an inside scoop by pumping your own parents for information on how you and your partner were as kids: how much you weighed at birth, your first words the first time you cut off all of Barbie's hair. ... Your parents will get misty at the memories and you may, too. Maybe out of hope for the future, maybe out of fear for your leather sofa.
Your baby's eyes are partially open now and can blink. Truly superior babies can actually wink (OK, there is no way to prove that, but it's fun to imagine, no?) Your baby can also now become a shiny, happy person as she has begun having rapid eye movement (Get it? REM? Shiny, happy person?? We'll be here all week.)
Her eyes have color now, too. It may not be the color she ultimately ends up with, especially if they're light gray or blue. The eyes typically don't settle on a final hue until nine months after baby is born. "
Picture provided by Stork Net


No comments:

Post a Comment